We believe that understanding the legal ramifications of owning a firearm as it relates to Chapter 9 of the penal code, non violent dispute resolution and classification of a weapon is important.
MAST Solutions is now offering the Shotgun Series for home defense, and all of the fundamentals of weapons manipulation along with accuracy.
The goal of this course is to have students learn and demonstrate the fundamentals of shotgun marksmanship and perform weapons manipulation/ loading techniques as it applies. This course is a practical exercise conducted at a live-fire range.
The student will demonstrate loads, patterns, movement, shooting platforms, and multiple target transitions to the satisfaction of the instructor. This material covers all fundamental manipulations and current home defensive curriculum. The students will gain knowledge of different loads, patterns, slugs and slug selection and demonstrate techniques to the instructorʼs satisfaction.
- Firearms safety handling procedures
- Weapon operating theory
- Loading / unloading and transitions
- Sight picture and patterns
- Shooting stances and its relationship to target distance
- Patterning / choking
- Surgical shooting and target “discrimination”
- Movement with distance
- Shooting from cover and barricades
- Non-lethal loads and alternate loads
- Shotgun speed loaders if you have them
- Serviceable handgun
- Proper holster for handgun (should be snug to your waist)
- Eyes and ears
- Magazine carrier and 4 spare handgun magazines
- Knee and elbow pads
- Additional handgun magazines / shotgun speed loaders
- Cleaning kit for weapons maintenance
- Baseball style hat
- Bring a lunch and enough hydration for the day
- Sunscreen, wet wipes and other comfort items
- Pen and paper for notes