This class is taking learning, from a closed loop to an open loop phase, meaning decisions and the decision making process, is based on input from role players who are giving direct resistance to the student. This class is decision making in a high stress environment and developing that process.
The goal of this course is to have students demonstrate a subconscious competence of previous technical skills as open loop resistance is applied. The student will have situations and structures that challenge the learning curve. Part of this course is conducted as live fire and part of the course will use UTM / Sims with realistic force on force scenarios.
OpFor (opposing force) is comprised of the instructor cadre; we use “win the fight” standards, imbuing survival and ‘fight through’ tactics.
This is a two day course with material that covers fundamentals of one handed manipulations and current defensive curriculum suited to structures, vehicles and force on force. This course needs to follow previous training for a successful learning experience.
RANGE FEE is separate. Please bring range fees on day 1. Cash only. $30.00 per student per day.
The students will gain knowledge of low light limitations and demonstrate techniques to the instructorʼs satisfaction.
Tactical Handgun Operator POI (Points of Instruction)
- Firearms safe handling procedures
- Combat marksmanship fundamentals in a dynamic environment
- Shooting stances and its relationship to target distance
- Surgical shooting and target discrimination for explosive and dynamic open air environments with crowds
- Dynamic movement in open air and closed structures
- Low light and no light shooting skills
- Strong and support side transitions for medical integration, calling in support (911) or guiding a loved one
- Shooting from cover and barricades, vehicles and other known structures
- Force on force situations with possible escalation of force
Kit, each student will need to bring:
- Carbine or subgun and handgun (EDC – every day carry firearm)
- 600 rounds primary 300 rounds secondary
- Face and neck protection – PPE (paint ball mask or similar, long sleeved shirt, gloves and something to wrap around the neck line)
- Flash lights – WMWL (Weapon Mounted White Light)
- Proper holster, holster should be snug to your waistline
- Magazine carrier
- Proper holster (holster should be snug to your waistline)
- 4 spare magazines
- Eye pro (clear lenses for night shoots)
- Hearing pro (electronic preferred)
- Medical kit (if you have one)
We also recommend packing; cleaning kit for weapons maintenance and wear comfortable clothes. Bring a lunch and enough hydration for the day. We will break for lunch, and there are BBQ joints, Subway and other choices, if you prefer to pick up lunch. Sunscreen, wet wipes and other comfort items and your friends. Pen and paper for notes.