Carbine I – Fundamentals
This is a 1 day course, perfect for beginners and others who need repetitions to master the technical mechanics of the AR / AK platform. Learn to safely handle and shoot your firearm, in a group environment. We will teach you how to properly load, unload, sight in, clear stoppages, and shoot accurately. Shooting a gun is simple; doing so accurately and repeatedly, isn’t. This is a technical class, but after leaving this course you will be able to defend yourself with the skills the student has learned and practiced.
This course is perfect for a beginner or a shooter who is working at enhancing their technical skills. The fundamentals class breaks down the subsections of each skill set, so the student can digest it and master them. The student will accumulate technical skills to accurately and safely shoot a weapon system. In many cases for professionals, this course is taken throughout the year.
RANGE FEE is separate. Cash only. $30.00 per student.
POI (Points Of Instruction)
- Firearms safe handling procedures
- Weapon operating theory
- Loading, unloading and reloading procedures
- Combat marksmanship fundamentals
- Shooting stances and its relationship to target distance
- Surgical shooting and target “discrimination”
- Basic movement as it applies to shooting platforms
- Stoppages / malfunctions
- The student will be familiar with how the mechanical functions of the carbine
Kit – What each student should bring:
- Primary (rifle)
- Secondary (handgun)
- Ammunition: 450 rds primary and 250 rounds secondary, if you’re bringing a pistol.
- Proper holster for secondary (holster should be snug to your waistline), is molded or fit to pistol.
- Magazine carrier, can be a chest rig, belt set up, cargo pockets or other pockets
- 4 spare magazines for primary and 3 mags for secondary
- Eye protection and hearing protection (electronic preferred)
- Cleaning kit for weapons maintenance
We also recommend packing; cleaning kit for weapons maintenance and wear comfortable clothes. Bring a lunch and enough hydration for the day; or if you prefer, we will break for lunch, and there are BBQ joints, Subway and other choices. Sunscreen, wet wipes and other comfort items are your friends. Pen and paper for notes.
To advance to the next class you will be tested on the following mechanical and technical skills. Scoring zones will be shown in class.
STANDARDS Carbine / AK Fundamentals I
46 total rounds 90 percent to pass
1 round from low ready (1.5 seconds)
6 round from the low ready (3 seconds)
2 rounds A low ready (2 seconds)
5 rounds A, 1 round B, low ready (3.5 seconds)
2 rounds A, reload, 1 round A, low ready (4 seconds)
2 rounds A, 1 round B , T1 repeat T2 low ready (4.5 seconds)
5 rounds from standing to prone 100 yard (20 seconds)
5 rounds fire and maneuver to kneeling 75 yards (15 seconds total)
5 rounds fire and maneuver to kneeling 50 yards (15 seconds total)
5 rounds fire and maneuver to standing 25 yards (12 seconds total)
5 rounds fire and maneuver standing 10 yards (12 seconds total) 25 rounds
5 rounds standing, 5 rounds kneeling, 5 rounds prone 25 yards (20 seconds) 15 rounds
Carbine I – Fundamentals
1 Day Carbine Class